We are a group of beekeepers who tend to bees around the Des Moines, Iowa area. There is no fee to join our group.
CHECK OUR EVENTS PAGE FOR MEET-UPS
Our August meeting will be held Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2016. Use the contact form to ask the exact location (a private residence).
Mission: To increase awareness of honey bees and their population through passion, sustainable practices, networking, and mentoring.
Vision: By enacting the mission, we envision the following
- A public that is educated about and welcoming toward honey bees and beekeepers
- Beekeeping events in the community
- Partnering with local, related groups
- Increased local honey sales, possibly through a branded co-op
- Sustainable strains of honey bees that eliminate the need for purchased, out of state honey bees and their queens
Our passion will be expressed through education to other beekeepers and outreach to non-beekeepers.
– Oct. 2015