Remember the honey cookies at CIBA’s Winter Seminar 2017? It came from Taste of Home magazine. The original can be found here, which I have copied below.
Icebox Honey Cookies
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
YIELD: 8 dozen.
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey and extract. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC