If you think you need a honey bee removal, check out >this page< or >this page< to confirm that you have honey bees.
MAKE SURE THEY ARE HONEY BEES AND LOOK LIKE THIS:
- If the ‘bee’ has yellow legs and/or yellow face, it is not a honey bee.
- If the ‘bee’ has no hair/fuzz, it is not a honey bee.
- If the ‘bee’ has a thread-like waist, it is not a honey bee.
- If it is black and bright yellow, it is not a honey bee.
- If they are flying in and out of a hole in the ground or a railroad tie, they are probably not honey bees.
If you see a structure like either of these, you have wasps:
Once you know they are honey bees, if you have any of the following, use the contact form (here) for a removal assessment or better yet, call or text a photo ASAP because swarms usually leave after a couple hours: Ben (319) 830-8632
- Honey bee swarm. A random clump of bees hanging from an elevated surface, not feeding on flowers
- Established colony in a structure or living tree
- Downed tree with an established colony